Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Medium

Today I went to a spirit medium and received messages from; yes, you guessed it, my mother. Now, I had to go do something as a few of my spiritually connected friends were getting messages and I figured I would try to go straight to the source. When I arrived for my reading I was told that it would proceed like I was listening to one side of a telephone conversation and that I should not expect anything in particular since I could not dial directly, and we merely had to accept whatever call came in!

It was a mesmerizing hour of one way conversation as my mother came through very similarly as she did while she was living - extremely talkative, vivacious, insistent, and a little impatient. She spoke of things that only a mother would know and it assuaged any skepticism I might have held about the work of people that communicate with the spirit world. By the end of the reading I was in kind of a heightened state of awareness and awe. Everything seemed different. Of course as I walked out I thought of all the things I could have asked when I was given the chance to ask questions. However, none of it seemed to matter. It doesn't matter if I ever get a clear answer about why I was sent to a Catholic School for six years!

One of the things I can share of the reading was that my "spirit guides" came through and spoke about my working as an artist. Apparently the creative force within burns so hot and the path is so clear that there is no danger that "you might go be an accountant. Furthermore there is an unraveling or unleashing going on now and in the future that is leading to greater and greater freedom and creativity. I was glad to hear that a creative recession is not likely in the spiritual forecast. They also said that I need not get all crazy and go to Tibet on a spiritual journey - "just keep painting," they said. I could have told them that, and it is fun to have congruency.

No comments: